Here follows an un-ordered to do list:
Statistics and core algorithms
- The mtie_phase_fast approach to MTIE, using a binary tree (see BREGNI reference)
- Confidence intervals based on identified noise-type and equivalent degrees of freedom.
- Bias corrections for biased statistics (totdev, mtotdev, htotdev, theo1)
- Multi-threading for faster processing of (very) large datasets
- Faster algorithms for mtotdev() and htotdev() which are currently very slow
Improve packaging for PyPi and/or other packaging systems (PPA for Ubuntu/Debian?)
Stable32-style plots using matplotlib
Tests for different noise types according to IEEE 1139, include power-spectral-density calculations
Conversion between phase noise and Allan variance
Phase noise calculations and plots
Comparison to other libraries such as GPSTk
Make sure your patch does not break any of the tests, and does not significantly reduce the readability of the code.
Notes for Pypi¶
Creating a source distribution
python setup.py sdist
This creates a package in dist/ Testing the source distribution. The install takes a long time while compiling numpy and scipy.
$ virtualenv tmp $ tmp/bin/pip install dist/AllanTools-2016.2.tar.gz $ tmp/bin/python >>> import allantools
Uploading to PyPi. (requries a ~/.pypirc with username and password)
$ twine upload dist/*
Check result at https://pypi.python.org/pypi/AllanTools